Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Hey Fatty on the track" you inspire me.

     I HATE derogatory terms like "fatty" but I love this Facebook post! Why? Because exercising when your heavy can be very intimidating. Every move looks awkward, feels very uncomfortable, and is often difficult to accomplish due to the fat being in the way; not to mention the possibility that my shirt or pants will move and my fat will hang out. That's why I hate exercising! However I love exercise because it makes me feel strong, confident, and healthy. I have never been a runner but I want to be. So I'm working on building up my body to be a runner. 

     There is woman in my neighborhood who could have easily been the woman in this post. She is much larger than I am yet every single day she pounds the pavement. I watch her dedication, her struggle, her commitment to improving her body. I feel like a slacker when I drive by her while shuffling my kids to their activities. She inspires me. If she can run then so can I. 

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2014/03/to-the-fatty-running-on-the-track-this-afternoon-facebook-user-pens-surprising-message-to-overweight-runner

No comments:

Post a Comment