Thursday, October 3, 2013

No Junk October Day 3

     The kids had egg pancakes again! It's making me laugh but I eat eggs every day so I'm not concerned; it's just cute how much they love these grain free pancakes. When we first started our paleo journey they were distraught over the idea of never having pancakes again. This recent discovery has turned them in my direction. 
     I decided to have a cup of coffee w/ cinnamon first thing. It made my morning. I have been struggling lately to drink my coffee w/o sweeteners. I often go w/o but from time to time my sweet tooth gets the better if me. It's been more than a month since I have had coffee sans artificial creamer. It would have been better to just use heavy cream but I forget to buy it when I'm at the store. I have a good recipe for homemade cinnamon vanilla creamer I'll share soon. 
     It's amazing I made it to day 4. I'm going to have a mango juice for breakfast and some eggs. 
     10am and I'm finally hungry. I'm about to fry me some eggs!
   The eggs really helped. It held me over for a few hours. I drank more juice all afternoon. But I was starving all afternoon also. 
     I gave up my juice fast this evening. It was my mother-in-law's birthday. She passed away a year and a half ago. We went to visit her grave, plant a bush and sing her happy birthday. We also took her am ice cream cone. I decided to have a tiny one with her and everyone else. I only ate the ice cream and only that which was on top. 
For dinner I had a porter house steak, asparagus and 1/2 small sweet potato. It was delicious. But since there wasn't anything in my stomach I had to eat slow. It hit my stomach like a ton of bricks. 
Also not digesting food properly now. That makes for a loud stomach and lots of bathroom trips. Not fun. I'm not sorry I did the fast but I'm not happy with the results. Although I've lost 7 pounds, I've regained all the negative digestive problems I've spent time trying to correct. Plus my milk supply has greatly suffered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment