Tuesday, October 1, 2013

No Junk Food October Day 1

No Junk October
Day 1
Kids had egg & banana pancakes for breakfast. They were too runny so we added a tablespoon of arrowroot powder. That helped a lot! I'm doing a juice fast so my breakfast was a
10 oz naked mango juice. Not ideal but I need a little variety and I choose to eat fruit early to burn off the sugar through the day.
Morning snack
I think the kids took dinosaur fruit for their morning snack. I had a juiced "pumpkin late" a little coffee with pumpkin, coconut milk and spices.
Lunch
Kids were not as disagreeable about the choices for lunch today as I thought they might be. Ironic since it's nothing different than we always have available but they were so worried yesterday about not being able to have a sucker or chips till Halloween. What makes it funnier is that they don't normally eat that anyway.
12:30 For lunch I had green juice with some arrowroot powder (great fiber and thickening) and water. Seriously walking around my kitchen obsessed with the idea of chewing food. Lol I saw the spaghetti squash on my counter and thought "Saturday I'm eating you with a jar or tomato sauce!"  I don't think I've been this obsessed with food since I tried my first Whole 30 2 years ago. That first week was sooooo rough! I felt like a drug addict being kept from my drugs only I could touch, smell and see them. Which was much worse because it took self control not to eat those foods.

I needed another green juice by 3:00.
 Dinner for the family was beef stew. That was rough! It smelled so good. I don't think the creators of juice fasting have kids. There's no way it would occur to me to skip eating for 3 days. I'm not knocking it just being funny. But seriously staring at my family eating stew was torture. I accidentally put some butternut squash in it (was also making baby food) apparently I ruined it but the kids ate, so it's all good.
I did some cleaning tonight and realized I was hungry again. So another glass of green juice. To be honest I'm a little concerned about what all this juice is doing to my blood sugar. I should have bought a blood sugar test kit, since I'm insulin resistant. Since I just thought about it I guess I'll try to remember tomorrow.
I hate feeling hungry. Paleo keeps me very full and very even! I can't figure out how to juice an avocado and make it taste good. I can't wait till Thursday! At least I can have my beloved eggs. <3
Well Day 1 is done! Tomorrow is my last full day juicing. I hope I survive! Lol I'm down a couple pounds from last week (not my main concern but it's nice to know since my weight is caused by my IR)

No comments:

Post a Comment