Wednesday, October 2, 2013

No Junk October Day 2

    Today I woke with a horrible headache. The baby couldn't sleep lying down due to nasal congestion, so I put him in the swing. That meant I was sleeping on the couch. That always means I will have a headache the next day. 
    The kids had banana egg pancakes again. And took ham, cheese sticks, apples, and a few other options that escape my foggy mind at the moment. 
     This brings me to my next point, my blood sugar. I think my headache is partly related to my blood sugar. I had 1 10oz red naked juice (can't remember the name and to dizzy to go look) and 1 10oz green juice. It was enough to not feel hungry for a couple hours, but by 10 am I was starting to feel dizzy and my stomach was growling loudly. Since I was running errands I grabbed a large container of Naked Protein Power. That helped a little. I think my body is angry with me for not feeding it food to digest. I might cave in and have eggs tonight. 

9:30pm   
      I wound up drinking half the bottle of protein drink. It wasn't enough! I finally caved and juiced a bowl of left over beef stew. It was surprisingly good! I added some bone broth to thin it out. That really held me over several hours and helped relieve my head ache. I did not take any pain relievers since I cannot handle them on an empty stomach. I didn't start feeling hungry again until about 8:30. I had an 8oz glass of green juice, I'm still hungry. I remember this feeling from my starvation days. Those years I spent counting every calorie, denying myself fun foods but piling on the grains. All the while STARVING FAT! No joke! I have done extreme calorie restriction diets and gained weight.  Since discovering paleo I have freed myself from that dangerous trap. I am in love with real food.
      I weighed myself tonight for kicks and I'm down another pound. I'm happy but it's mixed blessing because I'm still breast feeding and I can tell it's really effected my supply. Additionally I have developed thrush which confirms my suspicion of high blood sugar. Whenever my blood sugar is too high I get thrush. 
    I cannot express how excited I am to have my eggs tomorrow. The Alpha Reset suggests egg white and I'm not sure why. It could be to ease back into food but my bigger suspicion is that they misguidedly believe egg yolks are not healthy. I however have read, learned, and personally discovered that egg yolks are Brain Food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment